What should you eat?
How much should you eat?
"Having a healthy diet is all about eating the right amount of lots of different foods. This book is packed with mouth-watering recipes to make you feel healthy and full of energy. With each recipe, you can discover more about the ingredients and why they are so good for you."
Each recipe is presented on a double-page spread with a beautiful delicious looking picture of the finished product. The instructions are broken down into easy steps with illustrations.
Under the list of ingredients are Healthy Food Facts that tell the important nutrients contained in the main ingredients of the recipe.
This book is a nutrition and cooking class rolled into one!
The recipes are very child friendly but also introduces new ingredients for recipes such as Leek and Mushroom Quinoa, Herby Falafels and Salmon in a Packet.
There are also old favorites such as Fruit Smoothies, Chicken Fajita Wraps and Mini Pizzas.
Food can be healthy and delicious!
Honey Berry Swirl
Found on page 58 & 59
2 oz flaked almonds
1 cup (5 oz) fresh raspberries
1 cup (5oz) fresh blueberries
1 1/2 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
4 tablespoons clear, runny honey
4 small sprigs of fresh mint to decorate
4 glass tumblers or large wine glasses
1. Spread out the flaked almonds on a baking tray. Put them in the broiler on a medium heat for 3 minutes. Watch them to make sure they don't burn.
2. When the almonds are golden carfully take them out of the broiler, wearing oven gloves. Leave the almonds on the tray to cool. Set aside 4 raspberries.
3. Mix together the blueberries and raspberries, then divide half of them between the 4 glasses. Scatter half of the almonds over the berries.
4. Put the yogurt in a mixing bowl. Add 4 tablespoons of honey to the bowl. Swirl the yogurt and honey together once or twice to create a marble effect.
5. Spoon half of the yogurt mixture into the 4 glasses. Scatter the rest of the berries over the yogurt. Scatter the rest of the almonds on top.
6. Divide the rest of the yogurt mixture between the glasses. Put one raspberry and a sprig of fresh mint on top of each glass for decoration.
The Usborne Healthy Cookbook is $16.99 available at http://www.tonyasbooks.com/